Sunday, July 26, 2009

Honey Whole Wheat Bread

Day 5 Recipe 4
I am not a patient person. My husband would be more than happy to agree with me on this point. This is why bread has always been difficult for me. The last time I made bread, they looked like hard little baseball bats and tasted even worse. I hate having to wait for the yeast to froth up and then wait for the bread to rise... twice. So today I made sure to keep myself busy. So not only did I make 2 beautiful loaves of bread, I also did 2 loads of laundry, and emptied and loaded the dishwasher. Sounds like a good day to me!



The bread came out very moist but not sweet at all. I even got the boys to eat it!! It is amazing how proud of yourself you can be and how excited you can get from just making a simple loaf of bread.

On a separate note, yesterday I made my sourdough starter. It is so bizarre! I mixed 2 cups of whole milk with 2 cups of flour, covered it in plastic wrap and left it sitting on my counter.... MY COUNTER!! It is starting to bubble up, which is apparently a good sign. Supposedly a bad sign is if it turns pink and starts to smell foul... glad I do not have to experience that! So if all goes right (knock on wood) then I should have some wonderful sourdough by Thursday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment