Thursday, July 30, 2009

If at first you don't succeed...

Well my first attempt at sourdough bread failed miserably. I made the starter and let it sit for 3 days, then I made my sponge and let it sit overnight. Then last night before I went to bed, I made the dough so it could rise overnight. I don't think I added enough flour to it, and after sitting on my counter for almost 12 hours, it did not appear to have risen at all. But I forged ahead, hoping maybe my eyes were deceiving me. So I went through the next steps and it was supposed to rise again, which of course it did not. So I thought oh what the hell... I will bake it anyways. But when I put it on the cookie sheet, it was just a big glob of dough.... So I already have a new sponge starting so I can make the dough tonight and hopefully this time it will rise. In the meantime, my house smells like sour milk! YUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment