Saturday, August 22, 2009

Brioche

Day 31 Recipe 21
Yesterday I made brioche, a rich egg bread. You are supposed to make it in individual molds, but I opted to make the dough into 2 loaves. It was very time consuming to make. I started the bread at 8:30 in the morning and we had hot bread at around 7 that night. After I had made the dough, it sits in the refrigerator for 6 hours. And to my amazement, it actually rises in the refrigerator! Then you form it into balls and each loaf is made up of 8 balls. The dough then has to rise again for 2 hours and then bake for 30 minutes. I was all out of aluminum foil, so the top of the bread is a bit more brown than I would have liked, but it still tastes yummy! I will be using some of this bread to make bread pudding on Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment