Friday, September 11, 2009

Chocolate-Raspberry Torte

Day 51 Recipe 31 & 32
Nothing irritates me more, than when I follow a recipe perfectly and it isn't cooked or doesn't come out right. Well, this torte irritated me big time! It was especially annoying because I was going to be bringing it to my bunco group so other people could enjoy it. I followed the recipe perfectly, and baked it according to directions. It still looked soupy, so I added on 5 more minutes... just like it said. Then I took it out, removed the springform pan sides and put it on a tray to cool. Then I glanced at it, and it was sinking in the middle because the bottom was FALLING OUT!!! So I flipped it over and put it back on the pan and had to cook it for 15 more minutes!! I was so annoyed. Then I noticed this time while it was cooling that the top was cracked. But I knew that was fixable. So I let the torte cool. Then I put the raspberry jam in between and knew that this would "glue" it all together. Once the chocolate glaze (Recipe 32) was on top of the cake... no one knew the wiser. So I guess the moral of the story is, don't give up and keep moving forward. Even if it doesn't look the prettiest, it will still taste yummy!! I ended up taking it to bunco and the girls just loved it!!







While I was separating the eggs for the torte, I came across the oddest thing....one of the eggs had 2 yolks in it!! So bizarre! So of course I had to take a picture!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment