Thursday, September 10, 2009

Puff Pastry and Cheese Straws

Day 49 Recipes 28 & 29
When I graduated 8th grade, my family moved from Phoenix to East Mesa. I moved away from all of my friends, some of which I had known since that first day of Kindergarten. Through the miracles of Facebook I have been able to reconnect with some of my old friends. One friend, Kelsey, also has a cooking blog. She has the same Williams-Sonoma cookbook that I have, and we thought it would be fun if we both made the same recipe and then blogged about it!! So we chose cheese straws.

In order to make the cheese straws we had to make homemade classic puff pastry. This recipe made me a little nervous. It wasn't that it was hard, it just made me nervous for some reason. I followed the directions carefully and what resulted was perfect! It was very time consuming, because you had to refrigerate the dough in between rolling it out, to insure the butter stayed nice and cold. Using the puff pastry I made the cheese straws, which were also very simple to make. For the recipe check out Kelsey's blog, Kelsey's Apple a Day!

My big block of puff pastry

Can you see all the flaky layers??

1 comment:

  1. These look amazing, Autumn. I hope mine turn out this well. They're on deck to be posted tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete