Thursday, September 17, 2009

Lattice-Top Peach Pie

Day 55 Recipe 35
On Monday I made peach pie. I had never made a peach pie before and it was a lot of work. It took me about 30-40 mins just to boil the peaches, remove the skins and then cut them up. But the pie was totally worth it. It wasn't too sweet, and you could really taste the flavor of the peaches. I also made my own pie crust. It would have been much easier to just buy one, but since I always have the simple ingredients on hand, it is so much cheaper just to make one from scratch!! The only thing that annoyed me about this recipe was that it called for quick-cooking tapioca, as the thickening agent. This apparently is used a lot in fruit pies. So I tried not to wince to much at the $5 price tag. But when I came home and discovered that this was the only recipe in the entire cookbook that used this ingredient, it irritated me. Oh well... anyone want some tapioca pudding??

1 comment: